[nv-l] Support for IBM 8271 switch

To: netview <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Support for IBM 8271 switch
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@Princeton.EDU>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:18:49 -0500
Is there a product that integrates into Netview 7.1 for Solaris for IBM
switches?

Not clear if it was an IBM product called NWays or is something new or
is it already in Netview, since its an IBM product.

The reason I am asking is that I have hundreds of 3COM 3300 switches,
which are one of the same as IBM 8271s just different code.   Since
there is no longer any TRANSCEND to manage the 3COM devices that
integrates into Netview, maybe there is an IBM product.   So all I have
to do is change the code to make it think its a IBM 8271.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Systems & Networking
Princeton University