[nv-l] nv602 tmf371 aix433: no discovery after map auto-gen

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] nv602 tmf371 aix433: no discovery after map auto-gen
From: xof@gmx.de
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:00:46 +0100 (MET)
Hi all!

after the installation of nv602 on tmf371 the ipmap showed some symbols(some
nodes, networks, but not router!) We imported smartsets from an other nv511
installation and re generated the map(map auto-generation) but it stays
empty!(Before nv511 was installed - I cleaned up everything)

I tried/checked the following:
- started map auto-generation and cleared top-,obj-,map-db
- ovstatus: all running
- DNS is working
- started "netmon -s -y <seedfile>"  where *.*.*.* was set to discover
- snmpwalk-ed succesfully on the server and other nodes
- the nv-server receives snmp-trap from
- added a node, the server itself (Edit -> Add ...) - wanted to poll to read
the arp-cache, but no funktions available. On the command-line it does not
work as the object is not in the db (ovtopodump all=0). I started a loadhosts
but the command did not finish.

the startup parameters of... are (and seem to be ok!?)
netmon: -P,-S,-u
ovtopmd:-O,-t
ovwdb:-O,-n0,-t
gtmd:-f 900
noniptopod:-O

Hope there are some ideas to get this installation working... thanks in
advance....

christoph

http://www.gmx.net