[nv-l] netview heartbeating

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] netview heartbeating
From: neil.wood1@barclays.co.uk
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:53:32 -0000
Netviewers

It has been sugested that we use netview as a means of heartbeating  instead
of Distributed Monitoring.   This seems logical,  however looking through
the  archives I am unable to find any instances of this?
Are there any reasons why DM would provide a better solution than netview
for heartbeating,  or any reasons netview shouldn't be used?
Hope this question isn't too simplistic.

Thanks Neil

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by
viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Barclays
Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays Group
for operational or business reasons.