[nv-l] ovxbeep and ovxecho

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] ovxbeep and ovxecho
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:10:32 -0500
We had an obscure router failure yesterday.  It caused our NMS to
continually open ovxbeep popups.  We are going to fix the router problem,
but we would also like to be able to configure the number of popups.
Someone thought that there was a default parameter for the maximum number of
popups that could be created, 50.  I found the ovxbeep and ovxecho defaults
file in /usr/OV/app-defaults/XNm, but there is no mention of popups.

Is anyone aware of this variable?

I did find in /usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents:
---
! defines maximum number of popup windows opened as result of optional cmd
for trap
!
nvevents.maxDisplayMsgs : 100
---