Re: [nv-l] nvecho multiple x's

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] nvecho multiple x's
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:22:14 -0500
This usually happens because someone has mis-configured a trap using Trap
Settings.
nvecho must be run as a "windows application" because it needs access to
the GUI.  But the default in Trap Settings is "hidden application" which
means it will be spawned without access to the GUI.  Since it has no
access to the GUI,, you won't see the popup on the screen, and it will
just run quietly in background waiting for that acknowledgement that it
will never get.

Kill these nvechos with "End Process" in the Task Manager and then take a
look at \usr\ov\conf\trapd.conf  to find which traps have been configured
to run nvecho.  But don't change it with notepad or wordpad -- you risk
file corruption.  Instead use Trap Settings to fix it once you have
identified which traps are so configured.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Herman.E.Caballero@Lowes.Com
02/26/2002 09:26 AM