[nv-l] Multiple SNMP agents on the same managed device

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Multiple SNMP agents on the same managed device
From: "Bettendorf, Cristian" <Cristian.Bettendorf@softwareag.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:58:32 +0100
Hello,

I'm  using a standallone NetView7.1 installation on Windows2000 and on each
managed node I'm running multiple SNMP agents, each one listen on a specific
UDP port, eg. 3 agents running on the same device, listenning on port
9901,9902 and 9903.

The SNMP configuration panel from the NetView "Tools->SNMP Options" allow to
setup the SNMP properties for a specific managed node, BUT here are no
settings to define the SNMP port of the managed device, the tool assume the
usage of the default port 161...

Also in this case, I don't see any of my devices running on this node, since
nobody from my agents use the port 161... I can't configure my agents to run
on port 161, since here is running the native operating system agent, also
the 4-th agent on the same device...

The questions are:
1. how can I set NetView to collect data from non default SNMP ports (other
than 161)
2. how can I manage multiple SNMP agents running on the same device?

Manny thanks in advance
Cristian