RE: [nv-l] Event Correlation software

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Event Correlation software
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:21:23 -0500
Yes, nvrsEdit is in NetView for AIX, specifically, and in all flavors of
UNIX.   It does not exist on the NT version.   It is one of the major
things that sets the two apart.   It is the graphical ruleset editor, the
tool you can use to build your own event correlation routines called
rulesets.  There are rulesets available in NT but without the editor it is
very hard to build and customize what you might want to do.  Most NT users
ignore rulesets for this reason.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Herman.E.Caballero@Lowes.Com
03/25/2002 11:05 AM