Re: Fwd: [nv-l] mgragentd produces defunct process

To: jshanks@us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: [nv-l] mgragentd produces defunct process
From: "John Moon" <johnmoon1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:22:07 +0900
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Thanks James.

I checked the default community but it hasn't changed. It is still "public".

We use community name "pigcobra" to manage router device but I don't think it makes problem.

There is a just one defunct process which parent process is mgragentd.

I send acl files.

Would you verify these files?

# COMPONENT_NAME: mgragentd.acl
#
# Licensed Program Product: TME 10 NetView mgragentd for Solaris
#
# (C) COPYRIGHT International Business Machines Corp. 1997
# All rights reserved
# Licensed Material - Property of IBM
#
# US Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or
#
# disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
#
#

#  Access control file for TME 10 NetView mgragentd

# The list of community names needed for read/write access
# to the entire MIB.
# If the list is empty, the only valid community name is "public"
# and its access type is read-only.

acl = {
       {
               communities = private
               access = read-write
               managers = *
       }
       {
               communities = public
               access = read-only
               managers = *
       }

}

trap = {
}

============= snmpdx.acl ===============================

# Copyright 12/11/96 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
#pragma ident  "@(#)snmpdx.acl     1.5 96/12/11 Sun Microsystems"

#
#  Configuration file of an SNMP agent
#

##################
# access control #
##################

# The list of community names needed for read/write access
# to the entire MIB.
# If the list is empty, the only valid community name is "public"
# and its access type is read-only

acl = {
       {
               communities = public, private
               access = read-write
               managers = *
       }

}

#communities = {
#public         read-write
#       private         read-write
#}

# The list of hosts that can send SNMP queries.
# If this list is empty, all the hosts are allowed to
# send SNMP queries.

#managers = {
#}

###################
# trap parameters #
###################

trap = {
#  {
#       trap-community = SNMP-trap
#       hosts = hubble, snowbell
#       {
#         enterprise = "sun"
#         trap-num = 0, 1, 2-5, 6-16
#       }
#       {
#         enterprise = "3Com"
#         trap-num = 4
#       }
#       {
#         enterprise = "snmp"
#         trap-num = 0, 2, 5
#       }
#  }
#  {
#       trap-community = jerry-trap
#       hosts = jerry, nanak, hubble
#       {
#         enterprise = "sun"
#         trap-num = 1, 3
#       }
#       {
#         enterprise = "snmp"
#         trap-num = 1-3
#       }
#  }
}

# The community name to be used in traps.

#trap-community = SNMP-trap

# The list of hosts where traps should be sent.

#trap-recipients =
#{
#hubble
#}