Re: [nv-l] How can I delete object from netview object database?

To: oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How can I delete object from netview object database?
From: "John Moon" <johnmoon1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:13:20 +0900
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Thanks Oliver.

But I already tried clean up netview object database.

I did
1) ovstop netmon
2) ovmapcount -a
3) ovmapcount -b
4) ovtopofix -a
5) ovstart netmon

However the object which I want to delete is still remain in the netview object database.

I want to delete it by force.

From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:36:34 +0100

John,

try to run:
ovmapcount -a
before ovtopofix.

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae@de.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

                      "John Moon"
<johnmoon1@hotmai To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                      l.com>                   cc:
                      28.03.2002 10:00
                      Please respond to
                      "John Moon"

Hi, everybody.

I need your help.

I want to delete a object from the netview object database.

A object which selection name is "A" is already registered in netview
object
database but it is not registered in the IP topology database so I can't
delete it.

When I discovered a node which host name is "A" it is registered netview
object database with selection name like as "A220327" because there is
already registered selection name "A".

I did "ovtopofix -a" but there is still "A" in the object DB.

I want to change this selection name "A" to the other thing or delete from
the netview object database.

Is it possible?

Regards
John Moon