Re: [nv-l] snmp on another pot than 161

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] snmp on another pot than 161
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:13:51 -0500
All SNMP agents should be able to use 161/udp.  That is still the
standard.  So your Checkpoint Firewall should permit reconfiguration to
the standard.

snmpCollect will not let you specify a port in any fashion that I am aware
of.  I don't know about MLM.  If you cannot find it in the config file,
then probably not.

You could write your own script to run snmpget commands (snmpget will let
you specify a port) but that's all I can think of

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Maxime TRANNOY/France/Contr/IBM@IBMFR
03/04/2002 10:39 AM