Re: [nv-l] netview to TEC question

To: "can huynh" <can.huynh@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netview to TEC question
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 13 Mar 2002 12:51:36 -0600
Cc: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
"can huynh" <can.huynh@sympatico.ca> writes:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following issue:
> NV receives a trap from an Arrowpoint device with
> enterprise id 1.3.6.1.4.1.2467.1.15.0.1
> generic =6
> specific =1
>
> but depending on the value of attributes contained in the trap, this
> trap has to map to completely different TEC classes.
>
> For instance, if attribute VB_1 exists and contains State:down this
> should be a TEC: AP_SERVICE_DOWN.  whereas if VB_1 exists and
> contains State:alive should be a TEC: AP_SERVICE_UP.  I have no idea
> of how to implement that on Netview UNIX, since the mapping between
> traps and TEC classes is based on Enterprise, generic and specific.
>
> Any idea?

You've encountered one of the limitations of the built in TEC adapter.

No problem though--just use a script.  In the script, have an if
clause to send a postemsg with the appropriate class set based on the
condition you wish to isolate.

If you're using correlation rulesets, this script could be launched by
an Action node instead of using Forward.  If you're doing actions
directly based on the trap in the trap configuration screen, just
confirgure the script to run from there.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/