Re: [nv-l] Loss of detail in Location Symbols on IP Map

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Loss of detail in Location Symbols on IP Map
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:49:45 -0500
As the icons get smaller, there is a point at which the bitmap is no
longer displayed. The way to address this is to move the icons
closer together. Netview will redraw the map so that it has a modest
amount of 'gray space' around the  edge, maximizing the size of the
icons. You won't see this until you close that view of the submap and
eopen it by drilling into it from the IP Internet symbol.

Sometimes there is a something you cannot see, way off in the
corner or edge of the map, that is causing everything to be drawn
tiny. Find it and drag it in close to everything else, and everything
will get big. After a redraw such as yours, look in the lower left
for a circle of the stuff that was not connected. That is usually the
culprit.

There is another control, in /usr/OV/app-defaults/OVw. The
****SymbolRadius settings, which default to 8, control the point
at which labels get turned off. It does not appear, however, that
the bitmaps turn off at the same time as the labels. They turn
off sooner. You can play with that, but don't change it by much.
I've set it as low as 5, but the default tuning is the best.

Detroit

                    "Fred Bish"

                    <fnbish@hotmai       To:     nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                    l.com>               cc:

                                         Subject:     [nv-l] Loss of detail in
Location
                    03/18/02 01:27        Symbols on IP Map

                    PM

I am using Netview Version 5.0.  I turned off Automatic Layout by mistake
on
the IP map. I then turned Automatic Layout off and repositioned the
location
symbols manually.  The detail within the location symbols will not display
unless I increase the map size to almost a full screen size.  How can I
increase the location symbol sizes so that the detail is shown without
increasing the screen size?