RE: [nv-l] ovelmd daemon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] ovelmd daemon
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:28:30 -0500
The Query button is not highlighted?
Now you have me stumped.  It always highlights for me, even  if the
daemons are down, or if the ovevent.log file has no displayable events in
it.   On those occasions it just doesn't work.  When the daemons are down
you get an "Error connecting with CI" pop-up and when the file has nothing
in it, you just get a blank window when you press click the Query -->
Display Events.  But I always get the query button highlighted, though it
does not do so until the last step of its initialization.  You don't have
an hourglass over when you position your cursor over the display area, do
you?

I am clueless offhand.  When you do the event command, does the
ovevent.log file grow in size?  It does have read permissions for
everyone, doesn't it?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Dejan Mijailovic" <dejanm@webhosting.com>
03/20/2002 12:41 PM