[nv-l] ovelmd daemon

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] ovelmd daemon
From: "Dejan Mijailovic" <dejanm@webhosting.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:10:50 -0600
Hi there.

I am running NetView 7.1 on Solaris 7 and I can't use "Monitor -> Events ->
Event History.." application,....nor doing it
from command line using /usr/OV/bin/nvela. Application just "hangs" there,
window comes up but no events are shown...Application just "hangs"
I have noticed the OVELMD is running  and "ls" shows it is running
/usr/OV/bin/ovelmd.... no options.
I have noticed that ovelmd is not registrated with ovspmd and there for
"ovstart/ovstop can't be used"
If I try to run /usr/OV/bin/ovaddobj I get this message:

"ld.so.1: /usr/OV/bin/ovaddobj: fatal: libucb.so.1: openfailed: No such file
or directory
Killed"

If I try running this from command line:  /usr/OV/bin/ovelmd -f
/usr/OV/log/ovevent.log,..again, just hangs there.

Any Idea?

Thanks

Dejan Mijailovic
InQuent Technologies inc.