Re: [nv-l] ovmapcount -a output

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ovmapcount -a output
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:12:17 -0500
Scott, did you figure out what this was? There used to be a lot of this,
at older code levels, but I have not seen it in a couple of years. It is,
of course, correcting problems when it reports those changes. The
question is, how are those database problems being introduced?
I'd check and see what kinds of things those objects are whose
'maps managed' counts are getting out of whack and look for
commonality. Maybe call Support. In the meantime, do the
ovmapcount regularly.

Detroit

                    "Scott Bursik"

                    <tivoliesm@hot       To:     nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                    mail.com>            cc:

                                         Subject:     [nv-l] ovmapcount -a
output
                    03/11/02 04:29

                    PM

AIX 4.3.3 NetView 6.0.2

When I run ovmapcount -a      I get a lot more output than I used to. Here
is a sample of what I get:

[12484] Object 55101: Managed count     current = 1     correct = 0
[15241] Object 8879529: Managed count   current = 0     correct = 1
[15592] Object 8949933: Managed count   current = 0     correct = 1
[15638] Object 8880093: Managed count   current = 0     correct = 1
[15755] Object 8950280: Managed count   current = 0     correct = 1
[15956] Object 8880871: Managed count   current = 0     correct = 1
[15957] Object 8741060:  Exists count   current = 0     correct = 1
[15957] Object 8741060: Managed count   current = 0     correct = 1
[17644] Object 8814233:  Exists count   current = 0     correct = 1

I am getting about 150 lines of this. I only have the o! ne default map. Is
this a problem?
Thanks,

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group
scott.bursik@pbsg.com

Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here