Re: [nv-l] Object not discovering

To: Brian Green <brian.green@cgi.ca>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Object not discovering
From: William.Stringfellow@bankofamerica.com
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:02:45 -0700
Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 13:58:38 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi Brian,
     If it is adding to your map but not getting the information you expect,
see if you can do an snmpwalk <device name> system.  If this works, try
making an entry for this specific device in snmpconf and change its timeout
statement to something longer than the default and see if that doesn't
resolve it.
     If it won't add to your NetView system at all, what sort of messages
are you getting when you run loadhosts?

          Good Luck,
          Bill

Brian Green <brian.green@cgi.ca> on 04/19/2002 10:12:43 AM

Subject:  [nv-l] Object not discovering

I have a new device that I am supposed to manage - NetView 7.1.1 does not
seem to want to find the device.  I can ping it successfully from the
netview server, and if I use the IP/TCP/SNMP test in the Tools menu it
responds OK, but netmon will not reach the box.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get the router into the NetView
database?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W. Green
Consultant
CGI InfoSec COE
CGI Information Systems and Management Consulting
275 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5H9
(613) 234-2155