RE: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.1 installation (Lanugage kit)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.1 installation (Lanugage kit)
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 13:12:52 -0400
The language kits are for the message catalogs which allow the NetView GUI
to have labels, help panels,  and man pages in languages other than
English.
Using them, NetView  will also issue certain operator messages in these
languages as well, but only the public ones.  None of the trace or
diagnostic messages  will be translated, which means that most of the logs
found in /usr/OV/log will NOT be translated.

 There are only three language kits at this time, Japanese (Kanji),
Korean, and simplified Chinese.    That's all there have ever been.
If you have no need of them, then do not install them.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
05/10/2002 02:45 PM