[nv-l] trapgend

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] trapgend
From: "Eric Pobst" <epobst98@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:08:01 +0000
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with trapgend agents not forwarding events to NetView server (All aix 4.3x). I had to manually install the trapgend (SA's refused to open up reexec) which involved placing trapgend related files on target machine, editing snmpd.conf, and inserting auto-start entry in rc.tcpip file. The agent appears to run normally and I am able to browse netview6000subagent mib with no issue, but when attempting to validate trap forwarding (set OPMSG error to true and issueing errlogger hello command), no trap is forwarded.

SNMP configuration is set correctly, as I recieve other traps, so I most likely missed something during the manual installation process.

Thanks,
Eric