Re: [nv-l] Maintenance

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Maintenance
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 14:19:50 -0400
As no one else has responded to this publicly, I will.

Bonnie,

You need to contact your local IBM office and ask to speak to a marketing
rep, unless you already have one.
What you are asking for is help getting your maintenance contract
straightened out and purchasing another contract for services and only a
marketer can help with that.  This is a technical forum and not geared to
help you navigate how to do business with IBM, especially since you are a
government entity.

To get phone support, you purchase a maintenance contract.  If, as you
say, you already have entitlements in place, then you should already have
a customer number.  If you have one of those, then  all you need do to
obtain phone support is call 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548) as each posting to this
says and use that number when they ask you for
it.  If they tell you that the number is not good, then you will have to
get your local marketing office to straighten that out.  The IBM model is
that you deal with a local representative.  Trying to bypass your local
office will be very difficult indeed.

As for limited service contracts, that is what people such as frequent
contributor to this forum Leslie Clark do for a living.  IBM has many such
installers working for IBM Global Services who can respond to you with a
precisely tailored contract for just what you need.  That's how they make
money.  Your marketing rep is the person who can investigate that for you.

Hoep this helps

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Bonnie Jundt" <bonnie_jundt@mail.und.nodak.edu>
05/10/2002 03:22 PM