Re: [nv-l] [nvdbformat] aka Identifying unmanaged objects

To: "Key, Chris" <Chris.Key@hq.doe.gov>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] [nvdbformat] aka Identifying unmanaged objects
From: Bill Evans <wvevans@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 20:03:36 -0400
Cc: "IBM NetView Discussion (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
That information is not in the object database.  It's in the map database since items are unmanaged by map.  Use OVMAPDUMP and scan the output; you may want to use the long form.

Bill Evans

Key, Chris wrote:
Is there a way with nvdbformat (or any other command) to easily list all devices that are UnManaged?

I tried SELECTRULE:Service Status=Unmanaged and got 0, then I tried SELECTRULE:IP Status=Unmanaged and  still got 0.

What is the easiest way to obtain a list of all Unmanaged devices?

Thanks
Chris