[nv-l] RFI

To: Nv-L <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] RFI
From: Kevin Smith <c-kevin.smith1@wcom.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 10:22:29 -0400
Lists,
      My servers IBM f50 AIX 4.3.3 Netview 6.02 MLM.  I wold like to
implement rfi but the following says it's not possible:

CF Document ID: 1016900 - IBM Tivoli NetView: Can Netview 6.02 monitor
routers using RFI and MLM run at the same time?
Problem Desc:  Can Netview 6.02 monitor routers using RFI and MLM run at the
same time?

Solution:  When running 6.02 Netview Unix (this was only tested on Unix
Netview) do not
use MLM's to monitor Routers when using RFI. This is a current limitation on
the product.

Is there anyone that has an MLM and has the functionality that RFI has
without implementing RFI.  The functionality I seek is that when a link goes
down I dont get traps from netmon for every interface of the node behind
that link reporting down.  Instead I would like to see that node be
unreachable and receive an alarm from the source of the failure.

Sincerely

Kevin Smith
System Administrator
410-965-0328