[nv-l] RE: xnmsnmpconf

To: "NV List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] RE: xnmsnmpconf
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:57:28 -0500
Brad,

I forgot to mention that I also encountered problems like this when I added
a SmartSet to the SNMP Configuration. If I add the SmartSet to xnmsnmpconf,
SNMP polling falls behind immediately. As soon as I remove the SmartSet from
xnmsnmpconf, the wait list is cleared. I don't know if this is a bug; it may
be related to the size of the SNMP configuration database.

> Everytime I make a change to the SNMP Configuration... it takes over an
hour before I start receiving netmon alerts or am able to do status / demand
polls. It > appears that netmon is waiting until the SNMP database cache has
been completely rebuilt. Is there a faster way to accomplish these changes?
We have a > > > large database of approximately that 8,000 managed nodes and
have 6.0.3 installed on an AIX 4.3 box.
> Brad Martin MetLife

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car