Re: [nv-l] Another Cisco Works integration question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Another Cisco Works integration question
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:14:35 -0400
It makes no difference. And either way, you can import Netview's
discovery into CW. There is a place in CW where you can export
and/or import a comma-separated file of its database. You can
manufacture that from a list of nodes that Netview knows (see
nvUtil, for instance) and speed up CW's discovery considerably.
Actually this does not involve the integration function at all. It's
just that Netview usually does a broader, quicker discovery
than CW does. Once they are in CW's database, it will do the
in-depth discovery on each thing in the file without the fuss of
having to discover that they exist first.

Detroit

                      "Key, Chris"

                      <Chris.Key@hq.doe        To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      .gov>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] Another Cisco
Works integration question
                      05/16/2002 07:04

                      PM

We have NetView 7.1.1 already deployed and are just now beginning the
deployment for Cisco Works.
Regarding the NetView/CW integration, should I fully deploy Cisco Works
first and be sure it is seeing/talking to all the same devices as NetView
before doing the integration, or do the integration up front before Cisco
Works is talking to any devices? Does it matter?

Thanks
Chris