RE: [nv-l] Core dumps with nvrsEdit

To: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>, <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Core dumps with nvrsEdit
From: "Ray Westphal" <westphal@accessus.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:39:01 -0500
Good stuff. Thanks, James.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Shanks [mailto:jshanks@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 10:15 AM
To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

There is no mention of a fix in 7.1.2 because no such problem has been
reported before, on 7.1 nor on any release back to 6.0.2. I haven't seen
core in nvrsEdit in years.

There is an nvrsEdit.alog in /usr/OV/log which may say something useful.

Also make sure that your ulimits are unlimited for data and stack size
from the command line.

You can trace nvrsEdit's working by exporting an environment variable
before you start it.

export AOTDEBUG=0xffffffff                                  (that's 8 f's,
a full word)

then do nvsrEdit from the same window and it will write to
/usr/OV/log/nvrsEdit.alog

If the problem continues, and you want something don,e you will have to
call Support and open a problem.  They'll probably ask you to start the
trace, re-create the problem, and then send in the log, the core file, and
the core report.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
05/16/2002 10:57 AM