Re: [nv-l] SNMP Address Changed to "<IP_ADDRESS>"

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP Address Changed to "<IP_ADDRESS>"
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:05:15 -0400
That's James Shanks in Level 3 Support who brings us those lists.

** warning... speculation....
There is one in there about changing snmp addresses, but it is
about a problem caused by the changing, not about the changing
itself. Since it involves a new environment variable that has not
been documented, I think that customers having problems as a
result of changing snmp addresses are expected to call Support
and they will be told how to take advantage of the fix.

I went straight from 6.0.3 to 7.1.1, so I cannot say for sure
whether those events started with 7.1 or 7.1.1 or whether the events
are related to that apar or not.   ** end speculation!

I will say that after reading the apar (IY26119) I plan to take a
good look at the systems I support to make sure I understand
why those events are being generated.

Detroit

                      awatthey@mmm.com

                                               To:       Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
                      05/16/2002 12:45         cc:

                      PM                       Subject:  Re: [nv-l] SNMP
Address Changed to "<IP_ADDRESS>"

Leslie,

Did you not send a list of fixes on 711 a few weeks ago and did I not
notice something to do with this?

Alan.

"Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
16/05/2002 14:50