RE: [nv-l] SNMP Address Changed to "<IP_ADDRESS>"

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] SNMP Address Changed to "<IP_ADDRESS>"
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:01:18 -0600
This is due to HSRP processing and all patches related to it you can
attribute to me and the fun I had with 6.02 and 7.1 <grin>

Basically as part of normal netmon polling, the SNMP address is changed (for
some unknown reason, at least unknown to me) and then changed back. Its
perfectly normal. If you have lots of them, you probably have lots of HSRP
addresses. I do know that this is patched in 7.12 which I just received.
Check out APAR IY26404, IY23387 and IY26119 both of these address "too many"
SNMP address changes being generated.