RE: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.1 and AIX and ML 10

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.1 and AIX and ML 10
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:00:46 -0400
Missed the list and worth sharing..

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

                      "Ray Westphal"

                      <westphal@accessu        To:       Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
                      s.net>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: [nv-l] Netview
7.1.1 and AIX and ML 10
                      05/16/2002 10:39

                      PM

I'm still working on CW integration on my flaky lab server. I installed
Netscape 4.79 and java 131_01 from an IBM site and had moderate success.
PATH setup was important. I'm doing this from memory but I think
/usr/java131/bin:/usr/java131/jre/bin had to precede other java path stuff.
I could bring up CiscoView on the Netscape browser but the browser would
occasionally freeze when I attempted to use the CiscoView from the
NetView/Cisco Applications menu. Yes - I actually saw a graphical view of a
Cisco 7206VXR router and displayed the multiple graphs of errors or
performance. I haven't had much time to mess with it between TEC
forwarding,
and current ruleset demands.

My next test will be to try the installs on a production NV server that
doesn't have so many different java installations.

BTW - re: nvdbformat. Check w/ tech support. I think the nvdbformat (for
TopM Interface List) is working with APAR IY30683 fix.

Good Luck.
Ray