RE: [nv-l] Netview Traps - Time to post

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Netview Traps - Time to post
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:14:02 -0500
I am not sure but I think RFI kicks in and therefore the status of down or unreachable is configured in serversetup (netmon options). Now, I just got 7.12 and there is a new mode for RFI called "probabalistic" and I think this means there is more "smarts" applied to the status - i.e. NetView is making a better guess as to whether there is a real reachablility issue or just a polling issue.

Anyone else have a comment on this?