[nv-l] Re: Netview help

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Re: Netview help
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:35:52 -0400
Cc: c-raul.enriquez@mx.nestle.com
Carlos, it is not necessary to send personal notes, as both James and I
monitor the public listserver via our regular email and will see it just as
quickly there. And who knows - especially in this case - others may
be able to help. I certainly am not an expert on the AS/400 snmp agents.

Anybody?

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

                      "Enriquez,C-Raul,MEX

                      ICO,INFO"                   To:       Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS, Charlie
                      <C-Raul.Enriquez@MX.         Shanks/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS

                      NESTLE.com>                 cc:

                                                  Subject:  Netview help

                      05/20/2002 11:39 AM

Leslie, James:

How are you??? I hope you're fine,  I'm sorry for sending directly to you
this e-mail but I really need your help. I'm running Netview 6.02 over AIX
4.3.3.
I have a request from my user to identify the bandwidth utilization of some
AS/400 in the LAN interfase. I tried to get information using the MIB
variables IfInOctets and IfOutOctets, but I don´t get any data, I don't get
data for IfSpeed either. Currently I'm collecting data using the variables
IfInUcastPkts and IfOutUcastPkts, but this information is in packets/seg
and
I have two questions??

Is this the right way to get the bandwitdh utilization for the AS/400???
How
can I make the conversion form packets/seg to bits/seg????

if not, how can I get this information????

The AS/400's have the SNMP enabled and running.

I hope you can help me to solve this problem.

Best Regards.

Carlos Enriquez
Systems Analyst
IS/Technical Support