Re: [nv-l] Re: Netview help

To: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Re: Netview help
From: Jim Kellock <jkellock@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:57:34 -0400
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
This is cut/paste from an old append.  You should check the archives.
There's still a Redbook called
An Introduction to AS/400 SNMP Support , SG24-4504-01, at
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg244504.html.
As I recall, it basically says you use MIBII mibs, all of which are
already on your NetView machine.  There are just bits and pieces of some
MIBS, as I recall, that are implemented in the agent, so saying a
specific MIB is supported may mean a variety of things.

And there are several Redbooks specifically about Managing AS/400's
using Tivoli software on S/390, UNIX, IT Director, and Storage
Management (ADSM), as part of a SAN, as a Domino Server, etc, that go
well beyond what you can do with MIB-II SNMP gets.