[nv-l] [CLI] Manage/Unmanage

To: "IBM NetView Discussion (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] [CLI] Manage/Unmanage
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:27:29 -0400

I know this question has been asked here before, but ......
I also am aware that official answer is that there is NO command line interface for Unmanage/Manage.

Has anyone written any home grown code using the NetView API to Unmanage/Manage objects?

I have tried these work-around scenarios without success.
1. I created a MAINT SmartSet with a polling interval of 1/year
    when a node becomes a member of the SmartSet, it still uses original 5 minute polling interval.
   This does not immediately change the polling interval and I get false positives (node downs).

2. I have run xnmsnmpconf -update to change the polling interval to 1/year, followed by -clearCache and -event.
    This does not immediately change the polling interval and I get false positives (node downs).
    This method also causes netmon to get backed up while rebuilding the cache.
     If repeated several times, netmon can be backed up for hours!

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Don

Donald Davis
First Citizens Bank
Raleigh, NC.

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.