RE: [nv-l] SNMPv3

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] SNMPv3
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 10:31:48 -0500
Yes,

Router Audit Tool (rat) is a tool to audit Cisco IOS configurations and display the results in an HTML format. Since   SNMPv3 provides secure access to devices by a combination of authenticating and encrypting packets over the network, its recommended when using RAT. We are still in the process of researching this. But from what we understand we must configure snmpv3 on the routers who will use RAT..
So if Netview does not support snmpv3, we wont be able to monitor them. Before I tell management NO on Netview, is there anything in the works for v3?

Catalina

It's gotta be the "Router Audit Tool" released by SANS and found on http://www.cisecurity.org/