Re: [nv-l] Cisco Inventory

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Cisco Inventory
From: Mike.Walsh@us.ing.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 14:22:52 -0500
Leslie,

In your very ample and complete bag of tricks, would you possibly have a
similar script for use with SUN?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Walsh
****Please Note - New EMAIL Address  mike.walsh@us.ing.com*********
612-342-3118

                    "Leslie Clark"

                    <lclark@us.ibm       To:     nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                    .com>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: [nv-l] Cisco
Inventory
                    05/23/2002

                    09:10 AM

Dave, if you have the CiscoWorks integration in, so that the extra fields
are set, this will pull a nice little report with counts. You can modify it
to produce the actual nodes.

tivnetv:/usr/local/tivoli/scripts>cat CiscoCounts.sh
#!/bin/ksh
#
# CiscoCounts.sh
#
#
#set -x

DIR=/usr/local/tivoli/scripts
RDIR=/usr/local/tivoli/reports
WEBDIR="lclark@tivdev1:/usr/local/tivoli/netview/reports/SimpleReports"
FORMAT=CiscoCounts.format
REPORT=CiscoCounts.report

echo "Counts of Cisco Device Types as of `date`" > $RDIR/$REPORT
/usr/OV/bin/nvdbformat -f $DIR/$FORMAT | tr -s "\012" >> $RDIR/$REPORT

tivnetv:/usr/local/tivoli/scripts>cat CiscoCounts.format
SELECTRULE:isCisco=TRUE
SELECTFIELD:1:Selection Name
SELECTFIELD:2:ciscoType
#
GROUPBY:1:ciscoType
SORTBY:1:Selection Name
#
#
GROUPHEADER:${GROUPNAME} : ${NUMMATCH}
# uncomment this line to see the actual device names
#OUTPUT:  ${1}  ${2}
FOOTER:
FOOTER:  Total Cisco Devices: ${NUMMATCH}

Detroit

                      reamd@Nationwide.

                      com                      To:
nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                                               cc:

                      05/23/2002 09:43         Subject:  [nv-l] Cisco
Inventory
                      AM

Hi All,
          Can someone tell me how I can poll inventory information out of
my database? I've been asked to provide a list of all cisco devices we
monitor with Netview.  I currently have 115000 objects defined in the
database and need to find out how many are cisco.

Thanks, Dave

AIX 4.33
6.0.3

*NOTE*