Re: [nv-l] Garbage Collection Problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Garbage Collection Problem
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:58:29 -0400
I believe that this is a normal response to this command on Solaris.   Why
would you want to do it?

The deprecated function ovorsutil is not very useful in any case.  We only
keep it around as a diagnostic tool, for when the pmd daemon won't start.
It's his "garbage" that would be collected, and since we have disabled
almost all of his options, there shouldn't be any to collect.  These days
we don't fix the registration system, we just rebuild it with
/usr/OV/service/reset_ci.

So what problem are you having and why did you think that ovorsutil -g
would help solve it?  Usually  this command is pointless.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Joseph Shimanek" <jshimanek@echotechnology.com>
05/24/2002 08:40 AM