Re: [nv-l] NetView monitor .. system information.. system utilization

Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView monitor .. system information.. system utilization
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:39:54 +0100
The Monitor -> System Information menu on NetView for Unix is for the old IBM
Systems Monitor agent.  This is no longer supported by IBM but may still be
available on the website (though I can't find it on a quick search).

To get NetView to do any systems management, you need both appropriate MIBs
and SNMP agents.  An agent that supports the Host Resources MIB would be a
good starting point (eg the net-snmp agent).

Cheers,
Jane

Abadir Hany-O10544 wrote:

> All:
> NetView 7.1 , AIX 4.3
> How can I use the monitor option to get system information and utilization
> e.g.
> DISK SPACE
> CPU UTILIZATION
> MEMORY  etc..