Re: [nv-l] questions about backup functionnality

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] questions about backup functionnality
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:30:41 -0400
Denis, that backup function is not used much, I believe. It is intended
that
you would divide your areas of coverage by cutting and pasting into a
location icon, so your plan to divide by device type is probably not a
good match. I could be wrong about this.

You will get Node Down events from Netview about nodes that are
unmanaged if they are in more than one map. They are unmanaged
in the map you are looking at, but they are managed in another map.
Look at File.. Open Map to see what other maps you may have.
Look at 'Tools..Display Object Info' to see how many maps a node
is in, and how many it is managed in.

Detroit

                      Denis

                      Peuziat/France/Cont        To:
nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                      r/IBM@IBMFR                cc:

                                                 Subject:  [nv-l] questions
about backup functionnality
                      06/12/2002 05:21 AM

Hi,

I got a few questions about the backup functionnality in NV 7.1
(Administration->backup->backup configuration):

first, let me describe the environment: 2 NV servers, One managing network
nodes, the other system Nodes (servers). From what I understood, the backup
functionnality should allow one NV to backup the other one in case of
failure; and the nodes of the remote NV should be unmanaged on the local
NV.

- I'd like to know how it is possible that I get Node Down trap from nodes
that are unmanaged???
- does anyone ever tried this functionnality?

Thanks for your help!

Denis PEUZIAT
Tivoli Netview Administrator
IBM La Gaude