[nv-l] Netview 6.01 install on TMF 3.7.1 fails...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Netview 6.01 install on TMF 3.7.1 fails...
From: "David McClelland" <DAVIDMCCLELLAND@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:44:48 +0100
Guys,

Sorry if this is a bit of a newbie-type question - just getting stuck in to
Netview...

We've been happily installing Netview 6.01 on TMF 3.6.2 for a little while
now, and we even automated the script which did this - first of all
installing the TMR patch to define the managed resource NetViewServer, and
then to install the Netview server itself.

However, we recently moved to Tivoli Framework 3.7.1, and now I seem to be
getting an error on the actual Netview install part of the install, after
the patch:

FRWII0003E Product installation failed.
->      FRWIJ0013E The following products or patches need to be installed
before you can continue with this portion of the installation: ``NVS_60''.

Now, would I be correct in thinking that as we've now migrated our Tivoli
Framework up from 3.6.2 we need to use a different Netview enabling patch
as well? Or is this some other error instead?

Thanks guys,

David McClelland
Mail: davidmcclelland@uk.ibm.com