Re: [nv-l] acknowledged symbol colour

To: "Discussion, NetView" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] acknowledged symbol colour
From: Robin James <robin.james@thalesatm.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:19:50 +0100
Cc: JALLISON@arinc.com
I got a reply from Tivoli support.

The bottom line is that acknowledge/unacknowledge only works with those
objects created and managed by ipmap. ipmap updates isAcknowledged for
an object by using information obtained from the topology database,
which contains only ip objects created by netmon. It does not contain
non-ip or user     created objects.

We were using acknowledge/unacknowledge with our own customised objects
in the object database and the facility will not work with these
objects.

Thanks to those who replied.

--
Robin