Re: [nv-l] Object Status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Object Status
From: "Francois Le Hir/Quebec/IBM" <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:41:03 -0400
Hi List,

I am experimenting with the new features that comes with nvsniffer in
Netview 7.0.2.

I am using the following config file:
------------------------
hasVoltageSensor|Voltage|VoltageSensor|VoltageStatus|/usr/IBM/Netview/OVCustom/nvsnif.CiscoEnvMon.sh|/usr/IBM/Netview/OVCustom/nvsnif.CiscoEnvMon.sh|CiscoDevices
hasTempSensor|Temperature|TempSensor|TemperatureStatus|/usr/IBM/Netview/OVCustom/nvsnif.CiscoEnvMon.sh|/usr/IBM/Netview/OVCustom/nvsnif.CiscoEnvMon.sh|CiscoDevices
hasFan|Fan|Fan|FanStatus|/usr/IBM/Netview/OVCustom/nvsnif.CiscoEnvMon.sh|/usr/IBM/Netview/OVCustom/nvsnif.CiscoEnvMon.sh|CiscoDevices
hasPowerSupply|Supply|PowerSupply|PowerSupplyStatus|/usr/IBM/Netview/OVCustom/nvsnif.CiscoEnvMon.sh|/usr/IBM/Netview/OVCustom/nvsnif.CiscoEnvMon.sh|CiscoDevices

-------------------------

The 4 smartsets are created and a number of nodes are discovered in the
smartsets. However my understanding was that some objects at the interface
level would be created to represent the services available in each node.
And that this object would change color depending on the availability of
the service when I re-run nvsniffer. However, after running nvsniffer, I
see that No object are created for the services. When I open the object in
the GUI, I just see the different IP interfaces of the cisco devices.

According to the nvsniffer man page:
"Service objects are  created in the object database for each service
discovered at  a node."

When I use ovobjprint on one object, I see the fields ("hasPowerSupply",
....) set to TRUE.
When I use ovtopodump -rl on the object, I just see the usual interfaces.
No service objects.
When I open the router object in the GUI there is just the interfaces and
no object for the service.

What could be wrong ? Did I misunderstood something ?

Thanks,
Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services