[nv-l] Discovery of a stubborn Interface on a WAN Cisco 3660

To: "NV List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Discovery of a stubborn Interface on a WAN Cisco 3660
From: "Izatt, James" <jizatt@alleghenyenergy.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 07:57:27 -0400
Hello Everyone...

NV7.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3

Looking for any tips, tricks or otherwise to discover one serial
sub-interface.
Discover might be the incorrect word. More precisely word be get it onto the
map.

I can demand poll the router (Cisco 3660) all interfaces on the router are
reported as Up/Up (including this
rogue one).

When I do a ovobjprint to the interface IP, I get:

Object not found.

I can ping it & snmp test it from NV.
I even tried to use the loadhost command and it refused to add the
interface.

If I manually add it, it goes onto the user plane, which I don't want.

Any tips or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

James M. Izatt
Allegheny Energy