Re: [nv-l] Creating Lists Using Symbol Type

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Creating Lists Using Symbol Type
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:04:31 +0200
Bill,

here is a quick and dirty one ;-)

SymbolType="Computer:PC" # set to whatever you want

ovmapdump -v | \
awk "/Symbol Object ID:/{OID=\$NF}/Symbol Symbol Type: $SymbolType/{print
OID}" | \
xargs -n1 ovobjprint -o | \
grep "Selection Name" | \
cut -d\" -f2

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae@de.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

|---------+---------------------------------------->
|         |           "Stringfellow, William"      |
|         |           <William.Stringfellow@bankofa|
|         |           merica.com>                  |
|         |                                        |
|         |           22.07.2002 21:44             |
|         |                                        |
|---------+---------------------------------------->

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                                            |
  |       cc:
                                            |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] Creating Lists Using Symbol Type

Hi all,
 Is it possible to to make a list of objects using the Symbol Type as
the criteria  from the command line?
 I know you can do it from the GUI but haven't figured out how to do
the same from the command line.

  Thanks,
  Bill