[nv-l] Netview 7.1.2 install questions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.2 install questions
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan@nz.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:10:57 +1000
Hello,

For some reasons, I am swapping over an existing version of Netview 6.02
with a 7.12. (using the same IP). The team decided it's time for a fresh
7.1.2 build, instead of upgrade. Having no experience with 7.12, I have some
questions in my
mind.

- I heard that new versions of Netview is independent of Framework, we are
running FW 3.7.1. What are the advantages of having Netview on a manage
node?

- Assuming I have an framework independent Netview 7.12, I will build it,
config the map/ruleset/ovsnmp/paging etc, then I will change the IP at last.
(from x.x.x.61 to x.x.x.62) Will that affect the Netview configurations?

- Is there a Installation and Configuration guide for 7 or 7.12? Or can I
use 6.0?

THANKS!!

regards,

Jack