RE: [nv-l] "reset on match"

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] "reset on match"
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:21:20 -0500
Cc: <Blane_P_Robertson@reliantenergy.com>
Okay here is:

1. Event Stream - default blocked
2. Branch 1 - to Trap settings for NODE UP
3. Branch 2 - to Trap settings for NODE DOWN

>From NODE UP trap settings:

Connect trap settings to both the pass on match and the reset on match node

FROM NODE DOWN trap settings:

Connect trap settings to reset on match (input 1)

>From RESET ON MATCH:

Connect reset on match to pass on match (input 1)

Code NODE UP actions from the pass on match
Code NODE DOWN actions from the reset on match

Attached is my server_avail.rs ruleset. The only difference is I have a query
smartset after the trap settings to make sure its a device I care about.

Make sure the pass on match criteria specifies the amount of time you want the
node down before you notify - and I would suggest it be twice the status
polling cycle (so if you poll every 3 minutes, set the time delay to 5 or 6
minutes)