Réf. : Re: [nv-l] Interface status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Réf. : Re: [nv-l] Interface status
From: bducharme@avdl.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:36:05 -0400
I'm reading some doc.
Is it possible to do it with a ruleset ?
Let's say that i receive an event IBM_NVIDWN_EV.
Can i configure a ruleset for all the IBM_NVIDWN_EV events in a loopback
action until the status change ?

Ben

|         |           "Stephen         |
|         |           Hochstetler"     |
|         |           <shochste@us.ibm.|
|         |           com>             |
|         |           2002-07-26 10:51 |

  |       Pour :    nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                                                 |
  |       cc :
                                                 |
  |       Objet :   Re: [nv-l] Interface status

Ben,

If you upgrade to the latest NetView version, you may have an easy way to
do that.   If I am not mistaken, the latest version has a command line way
of managing / unmanaging objects.   If that is true, then you could do
this.

Down event --> calls your perl script  ---> timer wait ---> unmanage object
---> manage object.

You can test it, but I think if you unmanage something that is down, then
go ahead and manage it, this generates a down event at that time.    If it
is up, then no event gets generated (or maybe an up gets generated, not
sure).   So this logic should generate a down event...which would continue
to repeat until the device was up.

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-9326

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com