[nv-l] Launching NV 7.1 on xwindow on HP-UX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Launching NV 7.1 on xwindow on HP-UX
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:50:08 -0400
Does anyone have a scenario like this? The customer is trying to use
an HP-9000 (their old Openview NNM machine) as an x-station to look
at their new Netview. The map starts and then cores. The same map
and user works fine from two different emulators on pcs. I figure it must
be some incompatability between the Motif levels on the two unix boxes.
Netview is on 4.3.3 ML 9. They could not tell me what the HP was
running, and I don't know how to tell. I tried it from a dtterm as well as
an xterm on the HP side.  Thanks for any clues..

Detroit