Re: [nv-l] Web Console

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Web Console
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:54:03 -0400
If you have automatic layout turned off on a particular submap, then
the web client will show it in the same relative arrangement as the
server does. If it does not, then you must be looking at a different
map with the web client than you are with the server.

The distances are still a problem, however, and the sizes of the
icons. There are menu picks on the web client for large and small
icons, but I have not gotten them to do anything. However, you might
find it helpful to set up both interfaces side by side and arrange the
symbols on the server until it looks good on the client. Stretch them
way far apart. I don't think you can get it to look really good on
both interfaces at the same time.

Detroit

                      Santosh R

                      Karekar/India/IBM        To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      @IBMIN                   cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] Web Console

                      06/29/2002 09:46

                      AM

Hi,

Have 7.1.12 on SOlaris 2.7

My customized Maps are as per geographic locations and there are some
submaps within those Maps which are again customized, they are in Auto
layout Off mode. This looks good through X- Emulation from desktop, but
Once I open the Customized Map from Web Console all my customization goes
lost and the Objects are place here and ther all the links are over lapped.
Is there any way to get the customized maps and submaps to have auto layout
off and see as per customization.

Thanx in Advance

Regards,
Santosh