Antwort: RE: [nv-l] Console in read only, help.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antwort: RE: [nv-l] Console in read only, help.
From: "Swen Jedlicka" <Swen.Jedlicka@nbg.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 09:59:07 +0200
Ben,

maybe your user don't have the permissions to write to the map.

You can check this with ovwperms -l  name_of_the_map

Example (your map name is default):

/usr/OV/bin/ovwperms -l default

-rw-r--r--  nwmmap  nmc  default

In this case , only the user nwmmap have read/write permissions to the map. All
other users have only read-access.

Swen

                    "Davis, Donald"

                    <donald.davis@firstcit        An:
"'bducharme@avdl.com'" <bducharme@avdl.com>, "IBM NetView Discussion (E-mail)"

                    izens.com>                    <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

                                                  Kopie:

                    03.07.2002 17:30              Thema:  RE: [nv-l] Console in
read only, help.

Ben,
It sounds like you have a hung ovw process.

ps -ef | grep ovw

Look for ovw processes that are still executing and kill -9 them.
DO NOT kill ovwdb !!!

Don