Re: [nv-l] Monitoring router cpu

To: <bducharme@avdl.com>, <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Monitoring router cpu
From: "Dermott" <DermottA@Attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 17:03:54 -0400
Hey Ben,

There are a few mibs you can poll, including this one for the 5 minute average
the cpu is busy:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58
avgBusy5 OBJECT-TYPE
        -- FROM OLD-CISCO-SYS-MIB
        SYNTAX          Integer
        MAX-ACCESS      read-only
        STATUS          Mandatory
        DESCRIPTION    "5 minute exponentially-decayed moving
                           average of the CPU busy percentage."
::= { iso(1) org(3) dod(6) internet(1) private(4) enterprises(1) cisco(9)
local(2) lsystem(1) 58 }

I believe that .57 is the 1 minute average.

snmpwalk <cisco_box> 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.
should return a valid value, assuming you are authorized to poll,
and have the correct default community string.

Good Luck,
--Dermott