RE: [nv-l] trapd processing very slow

To: "IBM NetView Discussion" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] trapd processing very slow
From: "Scott Hammons" <s.hammons@ais-nms.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:08:27 -0500
Greg,

We had a similar problem at a customer site.  Although the processing was
not as slow as yours, it was still slow (5 to 10 minutes).  We tried
checking everything within NetView but after about a week, it came down to a
DNS issue effecting the way NetView was resolving names.  You might want to
check to make sure your DNS tables are correct.  Hope this helps.

Scott

Scott Hammons, Senior Consultant
Tivoli Certified Consultant
Advanced Integrated Solutions, Inc.