[nv-l] APAR IX60605 trap with Octect string exceeds 249 character

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] APAR IX60605 trap with Octect string exceeds 249 character
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan@nz.unisys.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:54:15 +1000
Hi List,

I am running into trouble that Netview is crashing all the time. The reason
- it is receiving traps with octect string greater than 249 characters.
(APAR IX60605)

Platform NV 6.02 on solaris 2.6

Questions:
1. Is this fixed in later versions?

2. There is a temp fix in the APAR which says "I have modified the code to
allow up to 500 bytes on strings that we have to manipulate (those that
contain a single quote character ') and unlimited for any other string. If
the 500 character limit is exceeded, we will truncate and log a message that
the string was truncated."

How exactly can I carry this out? I need an urgent fix.

regards,

Jack